Saturday, June 23, 2012

FPDV PRÉSENTE SANNA HARKONEN

direct link > www.sannaharkonen.com

My artistic practice has little by little focused on drawing diaries that by things and events experienced, seen or heard reflect my everyday life and the society I live in. I don’t make a sorting between the real and the imaginary; a dream can have as much impact on my drawing as a discussion with someone or a newspaper article.

Daily routine of drawing keeps me aware of what’s happening in the world around me. This method also underlines the importance of process and continuity. Technical or artistic quality of an image is not the only objective, but to use drawing as a tool for observation and meditation.

The series of drawings build up during longer period of time, when I get conscious of appearing and repeating of certain themes and subjects. I often continue to work with diary drawings by extracting images from their original place and context, rearranging and re-drawing them as well as using them as material for new images.

Sanna Härkönen is a visual artist living and working in Helsinki, Finland.








No comments:

Post a Comment