Monday, July 29, 2013

FPDV / ARTIST PRESENTATION / BOVEY LEE / by xdk


I am a cut paper artist based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. Born in Hong Kong and practicing Chinese calligraphy since the age of ten, I studied painting and drawing in my formative years and completed my BA degree in Fine Arts at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.

In 1993, I came to the United States as a painter and earned my first Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of California at Berkeley. Subsequently, I earned a second MFA in computer graphics and interactive media at Pratt Institute in New York. In 2000, I relocated to Pittsburgh where I created my first cut paper work in 2005. 

My works have been exhibited at the Nevada Museum of Art, Reno, Nevada; Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York;  Museum Bellerive, Zurich, Switzerland; National Glass Centre, Sunderland, UK; Museum of Fine Arts, Beijing, China; Fukuoka Museum of Art, Japan; Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong; Museum Rijswijk, The Netherlands; among others.

Sewing Highways / 25x21”, 2011

Briefcase Vacation – Fall / 21.5x21.5”, 2012

Office Chairs / (detail)

Dragging Cows Up A Tree / (detail 1)

Wash, Cut, Dry / (detail 1)



No comments:

Post a Comment